Made up of the campuses of The University of Texas of the Permian Basin, Texas Tech Health Sciences Center, and Odessa College, Odessa’s academic infrastructure prepares all students for promising futures in a variety of fields. These higher education institutions continue to work hard at creating a business culture that confidently produces a qualified and educated workforce. These institutions have grown by leaps and bounds over the last decade offering more resources to our community and the businesses located in Odessa.
Ector County Independent School District
Odessa’s school district, Ector County Independent School District’s 25 elementary schools, six middle schools, and three high schools pride themselves on preparing students with a solid educational basis for life as an adult.
Odessa is primed with all the necessary resources to educate the present and ensure the future. Our top-notch educational facilities enable citizens to learn the skills needed to be productive, successful members of an ever-changing world.
University of Texas Permian Basin
- Dynamic, growing campus with more than 5,000 students
- Wagner Noël Performing Arts Center was ranked as one of the top performing arts centers in the world
- Rapid expansion of degree programs over the last few years
- 2017 Aspen Prize Winner — the nation’s preeminent recognition for achievement and improvement in community colleges
- Total enrollment of more than 7,800
Texas Tech Health Sciences Center
- Dedicated to improving the quality of healthcare, medical education, and research in the Permian Basin
- Medical residency programs
- Offers bachelor’s and doctorate degrees in several healthcare fields
America’s SBDC at UTPB
America’s Small Business Development Center at the University of Texas at the Permian Basin offers one-on-one assistance for small businesses in the Permian Basin. The Center can assist with the following services and many more:
- Financial review / projections
- Marketing plans
- Business plans
- Managing employees
These consulting services are provided free of charge and are available to all business owners in West Texas.